Papa Jonathan Coelho writes a farewell letter

A farewell letter is sometimes the dying person’s last chance to use thoughtful words to tell loved ones how much they like them. The dying want to comfort their families and friends with a few lovely words for the pain of loss and usually give them a few basic things to take along.


Here are emotional stories that really inspire you. (Scroll down to the article.)


The 32-year-old family man Jonathan Coelho from the US state of Connecticut leaves his wife a sad suicide note on his smartphone. When he wrote the letter, the father of two had been in hospital for several weeks. Jonathan was infected with the novel corona virus while working in a courthouse and ended up being hospitalized with difficulty breathing during his quarantine. The young man was getting weaker and weaker and just before he had to be intubated, he decided to write a few last words for his wife and two children in case he did not survive the illness.

Finally, Jonathan Coelho dies completely unexpectedly on April 22, 2020 from the consequences of the coronavirus infection. The virus and the associated lung disease COVID-19 had weakened the young father’s organs so much in the course of the illness that the doctors even had to put Jonathan into an artificial coma. During the coma, the 32-year-old’s heart suddenly failed. Jonathan’s wife Katie, who is in shock, receives her husband’s belongings from the hospital staff shortly after his death. The grieving widow finally finds the suicide note on Jonathan’s smartphone, which is addressed to her and their two children.

The tender last words that the young family man dedicated to his wife and two children shortly before his death moved people all over the world to tears.

In his farewell letter, the young father wrote:

“I love you with all my heart and you gave me the most beautiful life I could have wished for. It makes me so happy and proud to be your husband and the father of Braedyn and Penny.

Katie, you are the most wonderful and caring person I have ever met … You really are special … Make sure you live a happy life with the same passion that I loved you so much for. Watching you be this wonderful mother to our children is the greatest thing I have ever had the privilege of experiencing.

Tell Braedyn he’s my best buddy, and I’m proud to be his dad and all the amazing things he’s about to do.

Tell Penelope that she is a princess and that she can achieve whatever she wants in life.

I’m so happy …

Please think of yourself when you meet someone who loves you and the children as much as I did. Always be happy, no matter what! “

Katie wrote a very touching post on Facebook about her husband’s last words:

“This morning Jonathan died unexpectedly of heart failure. His condition had improved in the past few days and we received an optimistic forecast.

The nurse told me that she had no idea how this could happen and why.

After I got the message, I was allowed to sit with him for a while. I cried and told him how much the kids and I loved him.

When Jonathan’s smartphone was handed to me, I switched it on and a message from him appeared on the display, which he must have written the day before his intubation.

The pain we feel right now is overwhelming, our everything has been stolen from us. Not only is my heart broken, it has been shattered. My kids and I have to spend the rest of our lives without Jonathan and I don’t know how to go about that. “

With his suicide note, Jonathan wanted to tell his family once again how much he had loved them and his life with them in the event of his death. His touching last words moved many people deeply. The 32-year-old’s untimely death leaves a huge void in the lives of his family and friends, and painfully realizes that even young people are not safe from the virus.

Thumbnail: © Facebook / Journey for Braedyn